Safety is in the Air – DAN AP Air Quality Campaign Launch
After the relatively recent death of a scuba diver, it was found that the level of Carbon Monoxide (CO) in his tank was 450 times above the accepted limit. He had filled his tank from a compressor which had not been properly maintained or regularly tested. As a result, the air being supplied was found to be very high in Carbon Monoxide (CO) levels.
This has prompted DAN AP to launch a long-contemplated safety and awareness campaign, the main goal of which is to prevent people from diving with contaminated breathing gas in the first place.
Join us over the coming months as we share information that is focussed on prevention and aimed at equipping recreational and professional divers with an understanding of the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) and other contaminants; the ability to identify the symptoms associated with CO poisoning; first aid/treatment required in such cases; and knowledge on how to reduce the risk of poisoning.
Your support by sharing the information on your own social media channels is appreciated.
Read more at AIR QUALITY SAFETY CAMPAIGN